COVER FX has always been my go-to brand because it is Vegan, natural and works well with my overly sensitive skin.
I have been a Cover FX girl for at least five years now…and my shade has always been N90.
I like a very natural no-makeup makeup look, and their foundation does just that. It is very lightweight, smooth, and moisturizing. Having sensitive and dry skin makes it hard for me to find a good foundation that moisturizes and covers well. Once, I found N90, I remained loyal to it…why change something that has worked well thus far.
I have the MOST sensitive skin ever! My skin is extremely dry and easy to irritate. I have found myself buying many products that I only use once and set aside to never revisit. That was until I was introduced to the brand True Botanicals! Let me just say, OMFG it is amazing…and for once I do NOT itch.
This post will be giving my honest opinion on TRUE BOTANICALS product line and how my skin reacted.
- The Pre-Cleanse Oil
- This clever Pre Cleanse Oil vows to de-gunk your pores and lovingly dissolve stubborn makeup while leaving behind dewy skin.
- My skin holds on to dirt as if they are best friends. I find myself having to double cleanse my face to ensure all the gunk is washed away. This oil was a life saver because it helped me eliminate washing my face multiple times which was very drying to my already dry skin.
- Hydrating RENEWAL Cleanser
- Removes makeup, sunscreen, dead skin cells. Prevents water loss. Tones.
- I love the creamy texture of this cleanser and how gentle it feels going on my skin. A little goes a long way and will leave your skin feeling soft versus that tight dry feeling many soaps/cleanser do.
- Nutrient Mist
- Hydrates nourish and repairs aging skin. Fights free radical damage. Plumps skin. Imparts a moist, dewy appearance.
- Let me just say that this mist does everything stated above. My goal is to have plumper, youthful looking skin. I spritz a little on in the morning after cleansing, during the day to rehydrate and at night after cleansing. it made a difference in my skin like no other!
- Cellular Repair Serum & Vitamin C Booster
- A serious bioactive treatment specifically crafted to reverse the cellular damage caused by sun exposure and aging.
- Stimulates collagen production. Firms and repairs skin. Fights wrinkles. Evens skin tone. Brightens aging skin.
- One of my issues is dark spots from being in the sun without wearing sunscreen previously. Using this serum mixed with the booster helped lighten my spots gradually and helped eliminate the darkness and slight puffiness under my eyes which gives off the appearance of aging.
- Resurfacing Moisture Mask
- A deep exfoliating, non-drying, all-in-one mask that brings back luminosity in five minutes flat.
- This is by far my favorite product from True Botanicals! Literally, in 5 MINUTES, my skin feels and looks like a babies ass, lol. But seriously, if you do not buy anything else this is a must-have. I like to say that this mask has the Benjamin Button effect (reverse aging).
- Pure Radiance Oil RENEW
- Their best-selling product, specifically formulated with some of the most potent antioxidants available to moisturize and replenish aging and sun-damaged skin.
- Who does not want to be RADIATE!? (Rhetorical question). I truly wish they made this oil for multiple uses because I would pour this all over my entire life! My skin doesn’t do well with many oils do to them clogging my pores. However, this oil right here is not too heavy and leaves me feeling and looky glowy! Thank you True Botanicals for coming up with this perfect gift from the universe!
Be loyal to brands that are loyal to you…and your skin!
I am often asked, “why are you free forming your hair?”…I often pause, look at them, and say, “because I am on a journey of freeing myself from what was once deemed my reality.”
Free Form locs or as I like to call them, ‘Rastas’, are my way of letting go of all societal teachings, accepted beauty standards, and all the other bull shit we are fed daily!
Free forming allows me to FORM my own standards of what BEAUTY means to me!
For me, being beautiful means, accepting oneself fully and completely. Accepting the parts of me that I once wanted to hide, hate or change. This year, I vowed to myself that I would love myself, even when I feel unworthy!
Thank you #formBEAUTY for allowing me to express myself freely and show my locs even more love!